The table top on this minimalistic Tahiti Coffee Table is made from glass-reinforced concrete to look just like stone. It is made with powder-coated, sturdy, aluminium legs.
GRC is not a single material but a family of high-performance cement-based composites.
These are reinforced with alkali resistant glass fibres. GRC is used in a wide variety of applications and was first developed in 1969.
- It is super-easy to clean.
- The finish, as you can see from the photos, is as close to looking like stone as you can get without actually being stone. GRC is used in a number of intricate architectural applications for exactly this reason.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- The table top looks solid and heavy but is actually very lightweight meaning it can be placed anywhere and then moved according to preference.
- It is not affected by the weather conditions so can be left outside all year round and still look the same in December as it was in January.
- The table top is crack-resistant and will tolerate all the wear and tear you can throw at it without being ruined.